The past two months hasn’t really been fulfilling in term of results. I didn’t achieve the results that were set. I am getting frustrated and impatience with the inability to achieve my target. Though there were nice things that happened, it wasn’t happening fast enough.
The newly created workshop, Life Mastery was cancelled because of no enrollment. Though I didn’t beat myself up on this, it was something that I set but didn’t achieve.
On top of that, I couldn’t convert the high number of prospects into paying clients for the last two months. Some of the marketing efforts were also in vain without any response. Though I didn’t think of giving up, I felt frustrated on the lack of results.
This morning my coach pointed out to me that in the process of generating results, I’ve created many other unexpected results. She got me to list them one by one.
- Life Mastery was borne. 2 months ago, there was nothing. Now we had a workshop named Life Mastery. Although we cancelled our first run, but we already have 6 sign-ups for the next run in Jan 2012.
- I generated 10 prospects who paid me to do 2 sessions of Introduction Coaching over the last two months. That means I’ve done 20 coaching sessions over the last 2 months. Though they didn’t take up the full coaching program, not many of my fellow team mates have generated this high number of prospects.
- With the high number of coaching sessions I’ve done, I’ve gained lots of experiences. There were good experiences, there were also breakdowns. And I learned new lessons from these breakdowns.
- I’ve secured two meetings with organizations next week. One is a SME which is exploring training needs for his staffs Another one is with Singapore Institute of Marketing (SIM), Professional Training Department.
- My Mastermind group had devised a plan to generate business contacts from directories. There are tens of thousands of business contacts to get in touch with once the plan is completed.
- I’ve been invited to be in partnership in three other businesses. I am thankful for the invitation.
After listing all of the above, I went silent. My coach broke the silence, “What do you see?”
“I created a lot of things. I accomplished many things over the last two months.”
I never see that until I list all of them down. I’ve overlooked my wins and invalidated myself. I was attached to the expected results, and that got me frustrated. When I saw the above list, I was no longer frustrated. In fact I was proud of the achievement.
Tonight it’s celebration time. And then I’m heading to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow for a time of fun and network.